Latest News

Internet explorer 8 preferred over Firefox?

Sunday, May 31, 2009 , CliCK ABOVE FOR FULL DETAiLS~~~ Tha O-Bomb! at 1:43 AM


Is Mozilla Firefox better than Internet Explorer? Can you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of using Firefox vs. Microsoft's Web browser? It looks like our friends in Redmond did a good job of "mimicking" most of the Firefox browser's layout and functionality.

While various browsers will likely continue to leapfrog one another with features and functionality, as of this writing Internet Explorer 8 has a few usability and security advantages that in my opinion make it a better and safer choice than Firefox.

Features such as in-private browsing, cross-site scripting protection, domain-name highlighting and tab isolation are a few examples that are either not present or not equaled in the current Firefox. Browser preferences are personal, but from my perspective of giving general advice, Internet Explorer 8 along with Windows Vista and updated antivirus (along with some common sense) is the safest and most practical environment.

I have a Compaq Presario 6000 running Microsoft Windows XP. I often receive this error message: "Windows — Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low. Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file." Do I need to worry about this?

Virtual memory is a process where the computer uses hard disk space as an augmentation of your physical memory, RAM. The ideal situation is to have enough physical RAM to keep virtual memory utilization to a minimum: Accesses to virtual memory are slower than accessing physical memory. This is usually the most common performance bottleneck, but inexpensive memory prices make it an easy problem to fix. Meanwhile, here is how to expand your virtual memory in Windows XP: Go to Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, click System and then the Advanced tab. In the Performance pane, click Settings and then the Advanced tab. In the Virtual Memory pane, click Change. If "System Managed size" is not selected, select it. Otherwise, select "Custom Size." Change the Maximum size value to a value higher than what is current displaying as the "Currently Allocated" value at the bottom of that dialog window. Make Initial size value 1000 MB less than the Maximum value. Click Set, OK and close the Performance Options dialog box. You will need to reboot for the changes to take effect.

I'm running Windows XP and have always been able to copy or burn items from my picture, documents and music file on CDs. Now for some reason it will not allow me to copy from My Documents any picture files. It will still copy from my music files. I have two drives, E and F. I left-click on the item I want to copy, it asks me where I want to copy it to and I click on E drive. Then I get an error that says, "E not accessible, Incorrect function." It also does this with the F drive. There has been no change in my computer. I just downloaded Internet Explorer 8 to see if that would help, but it did not. I have done a restore back to the day I bought it. Defragged and nothing helps.

Try this: Right-click on either of the problematic drives and select Properties, Recording tab, and then check the "Enable CD Recording On This Drive" box. Sometimes, inexplicably, this can get reset. If this solves the issue for the drive, repeat it on the other drive.

Source: Tampabay

Currently have 0 comments: